10.08.2012

13 Before 2013

(via)

This year is slowly dwindling down to a close, but it's not over yet. With the three months still remaining in 2012, I'd like to accomplish more. From taking photos everyday, to getting new business cards, photographing some paintings, and learning to relax and rest. So, in order to clear my mind and get moving, I'm sharing the 13 things I want to do before the new year arrives... Here we go!

1. New Product Line - (for the artshop) I've finished a brand new line of watercolor paintings. They are being released this week!

2. Artist Life Interviews - (for B&B blog) This month the first interview will debut!

3. This Year - (a graphic design project) I want to make an infographic of 2012's events and memories  in December.

4. Scheduled - (an everyday goal) With Daniel returning from China, we've decided to try and have more structure to our workdays. Hello calendars, routines, meal lists, weekly chores, and more sanity.

5. Organized - (an everyday goal) I got my blogging notebook, art inventory, lists, notebooks, folders, and the challenge now is to use them efficiently.

6. DIY Craze - (for B&B blog) I'm over-flowing with ideas for tutorials. Expect more projects to come soon!

7. Focus - (an everyday goal) The goal here is to not take on too many projects. Do a few things, and do them excellently.

8. New Packaging - (for the artshop) Daniel helped me brainstorm some killer ideas, now I just need to do something crafty with them...

9. Photograph Things - (an everyday goal) I've officially completed my Photo 365 Project, but I want to continue to take snapshots of my work, life, and everyday things.

10. Holiday Prep Work - (a big project) For the shops, for my own gifts, cleaning/organizing for the new year. (I enjoy doing this, but I wish I would start earlier in the year!)

11. Relax - (an everyday goal) This is an important one. With this huge list of goals, it sounds like I won't sleep until Valentine's Day. But relaxing and resting has become a giant priority as of recently.

12. Artist's Way - (a course/study) After struggling with my personal artwork, I've started reading the Artist's Way. (I'm doing the study and hoping that when 2013 rolls around I'll have some new perspectives to work with.)

13. Branding - (for my professional work) Logo, Website, Business Cards, Stamps, Portfolio, the entire shebang. Here's to hoping I can finally get a strong brand together for next year and get legit.

I'll share an updated version of this list at the close of 2012 and see how many goals I managed to accomplish. Some goals are big projects, tasks to be completed. Others are "everyday" goals, or things I want to practice everyday until they become completely habitual and natural. (I have a lot of these, as you may have noticed.)

Of course, I'll be taking photos to document each goal as I work on/complete them.
Here's to hoping I can make some progress!




peace & love,
-k